|Club New Year Meal - Saturday 14th January 2012|
As in previous years the club members visit The Clay Tandoori in Portchester, otherwise known as "Sam's" on the last training Friday of the year. Early in the new year the club holds a special New year meal for Partners as well, at the Cormorant pub/restaurant in Castle St, Portchester. The available table places were quickly taken and with 48 people it was a noisy evening.
Roy, Dave and Bryan formed the welcoming party and after making sure all received a complimentary club drink, were shown to their tables. Elliott unfortunately had a prior engagement but came down to join us for a hour. As some will know Elliott has been promoted in the club hierarchy and is now responsible for the after training sandwiches on a Friday evening.
Sensei Merv congratulating Elliott on some good planning.
Scott half way through story.
The children's table.
Sensei giving a concluding speech and thanking those who did all the hard work.
To return to the start of this article press here
|"New" Intermediate Kyu Grade Class.|
Due to the popularity of the Wednesday Parents and junior adult grades class between 6.30 and 7.30pm, we have now started an "Intermediate Kyu Grade Class" which runs from 7.40 to 8.55pm.
The class is intended for Yellow Belts to Purple and White Belts, ie 7th to 4th Kyu grades. To allow for work and family commitments, some flexibility in grades attending, is envisaged.
Please note that all other classes remain the same.
|Karate Events and other activities.|
For Karate events and activities please look under "Events" and for the Club social activities please look under "Other Activities".
- Phillipines Typhoon Charity Course - Friday 21st February - 26 February 2014
- First Kata Focus Class in 2104 - 12 January 2014
- Start of 2014 - 11 January 2014
- Black Belt Success. - 20 October 2013
- Thorney Island Club Walk. - 19 May 2013
- SEKU Championship Saturday 27th April. - 29 April 2013
- Portchester Karate club trains onboard HMS Illustrious - 29 April 2013
- Sensei Roy visits the Lake District. - 01 April 2013