|Congratulations to Liam on the attainment of his 2nd Dan - Sunday 5th February 2012|
Since gaining his 1st Dan (Shodan) grade Liam has continued to train diligently and has today, the 5th February, passed his 2nd Dan (Nidan) grade examination. The examination was held in Newport Medina Sports Center on the Isle of Wight.
Supported by a strong contingent of his club mates Liam attended the SEKU Black and Brown belt course with Sensei's Dewey (8th Dan) and Smith (6th Dan) teaching. The grading examination was held after the training.
Liam is a junior Instructor at the club and is an excellent role model for the younger children training at the Friday evening session. To read more on the SEKU Black and brown belt course press here
|School Summer Holidays|
Apart from Wednesday's 20th and 27th August training is as normal. On the two Wednesdays (20th/27th), training will be at the Community School in White Hart Lane, at the usual Wednesday times. For any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|"New" Intermediate Kyu Grade Class.|
Due to the popularity of the Wednesday Parents and junior adult grades class between 6.30 and 7.30pm, we have now started an "Intermediate Kyu Grade Class" which runs from 7.40 to 8.55pm.
The class is intended for Yellow Belts to Purple and White Belts, ie 7th to 4th Kyu grades. To allow for work and family commitments, some flexibility in grades attending, is envisaged.
Please note that all other classes remain the same.
|Karate Events and other activities.|
For Karate events and activities please look under "Events" and for the Club social activities please look under "Other Activities".
- Phillipines Typhoon Charity Course - Friday 21st February - 26 February 2014
- First Kata Focus Class in 2104 - 12 January 2014
- Start of 2014 - 11 January 2014
- Black Belt Success. - 20 October 2013
- Thorney Island Club Walk. - 19 May 2013
- SEKU Championship Saturday 27th April. - 29 April 2013
- Portchester Karate club trains onboard HMS Illustrious - 29 April 2013
- Sensei Roy visits the Lake District. - 01 April 2013