Who’s who at Portchester
Instructors at Portchester
Sensei Merv O’Donnell 8th Dan
Sensei Merv was one of the fortunate people to benefit from direct instruction from the earliest of Japanese Senseis to come to England, such as Sensei's Kanazawa, Enoeda, Asano, Ochi, Sumi,Takahashi and Tomita. Following a number of years teaching at the original Portsmouth Karate Club and a range of clubs in the Hampshire and Isle of Wight area, Sensei Merv started the Portchester Club in 1982. From April 1982 until early 2016 Sensei Merv was the Secretary and a Senior grading examiner for the Shotokan of England Karate Union. Read More
The following are the main Instructors at the Portchester Karate Club. Other members help with the Instruction and their abilities to help others is much appreciated.
|Karate Day time lessons|
Daytime Karate lessons are now being held on Thursday mornings at the Castle St, Portchester, Day Centre. For further information please ring 07713284430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
These classes are for a range of people with varying abilities and in particular for the older and fairly active person that would like to benefit from the health aspects of practicing Karate and at the same time exercising their minds in the learning of new skills.
Existing students of Karate are also catered for in the lessons. In particular those on shift work and others that cannot get to their regular training lessons.
For the Portchester Karate Club and clubs in other areas or different training times, please email email@example.com or telephone 07713284430.
- *New* Childrens club competition - January 2017 - 19 February 2017
- *New* Joint SKDUN and Rengokai Karate course. Sunday 11th December 2016 - 12 February 2017
- *New* SKCE Championships in London 2016 - 11 February 2017
- *New* SKDUN World Championships 2016 - 11 February 2017
- Black Belt success. 2016 - 12 June 2016
- Veteran members of the club achieve 2nd Dan Black belt. 2016 - 12 June 2016
- Black Belt success. 2016 - 21 May 2016
- Black Belt success. 2016 - 19 March 2016